Snippet #13 Chapter 7: III Castle Mairwyn, City of Serabor, Barony of Larchros, Princedom of Corisande. Sahlahmn Traigair, the Earl of Storm Keep and Rahzhyr Mairwyn, Baron Larchrosis suffering the icy, cold rain before entering the castle where they are met by the lady of the house with hot chocolate. Later in Larchos office they meets with Father Airwain Yair and discuss the traitors that have decided to capitulate to Cayleb.
A sneak peak in the new Safehold novel A Mighty Fortress by David Weber one of my favorite authors.
Source: Eric Flint’s homepage
Continue to read older Snippets:
- Snippet #1 Chapter 1: An incident in Lizardherd Square, City of Manchyr, Princedom of Corisande.
- Snippet #2 Chapter 2: Maikelberg, Duchy of Eastshare, Kingdom of Chisholm – Baron of Green Valley and Seijin Merlin is talking.
- Snippet #3 – General army, military discussion
- Snippet #4 – A discussion of Chisholm’s standing army
- Snippet #5 – Continued discussion about formation of the Imperial Army and the loyalty of its leaders.
- Snippet #6 Chapter 3: Royal Palace, City of Talkyra, Kingdom of Delferahk, a discussion between the former Corisade Spy Master and Irys Daykyn, princess in exile about the Group of Four’s intentions towards them.
- Snippet #7 Chapter 4: City of Manchyr, Duchy of Manchyr, Princedom of Corisande, Paitryk Hainree a silversmith is contemplating the opposition to the occupation.
Hmm, maybe David Weber been thinking of Patrick Henry when naming this new character?
Patrick Henry is one of the founding fathers of the United States of America,
famous for “Give me Liberty, or give me Death!”.
- Snippet #8 – Merlin thinkings on letting the Corisande resistance leaders be, then a discussion in Corisande about how to counter the resistance.
- Snippet #9 Chapter 5: October, Year of God 893, Merlin Athrawes’ Recon Skimmer, Safehold Low Orbit, Above The Anvil. Empress Sharleyan of Charis first time in space, she marvels and remember the previous night with Cayleb
- Snippet #10 – Cayleb and Sharleyan talking about the trip outside the atmosphere and contemplating the ramification of when the truth become public before switching back to the queen in orbit. She and Cayleb have got some spiffy new tech.
- Snippet #11 Chapter 6: II Nimue’s Cave, The Mountains of Light, The Temple Lands. Queen Sharleyan is gaping as a child.
- Snippet#12 – Merlin comes clean on the nanotech he has given his friends, Sharleyan meets the real Nimue and Owl continues to show autonomous responses.