Snippet #19 – Tymahn Hahskans’ passionate and powerful sermon renouncing the evil of the church and understanding the Church of Charis rightful anger. Merlin contemplate the false faith as he watch the video.
A sneak peak in the new Safehold novel A Mighty Fortress by David Weber, one of my favorite authors.
Source: Eric Flint’s homepage
Continue to read older Snippets:
- Snippet #1 Chapter 1: An incident in Lizardherd Square, City of Manchyr, Princedom of Corisande.
- Snippet #2 Chapter 2: Maikelberg, Duchy of Eastshare, Kingdom of Chisholm – Baron of Green Valley and Seijin Merlin is talking.
- Snippet #3 – General army, military discussion
- Snippet #4 – A discussion of Chisholm’s standing army
- Snippet #5 – Continued discussion about formation of the Imperial Army and the loyalty of its leaders.
- Snippet #6 Chapter 3:Royal Palace, City of Talkyra, Kingdom of Delferahk, a discussion between the former Corisade Spy Master and Irys Daykyn, princess in exile about the Group of Four’s intentions towards them.
- Snippet #7 Chapter 4: City of Manchyr, Duchy of Manchyr, Princedom of Corisande, Paitryk Hainree a silversmith is contemplating the opposition to the occupation.
Hmm, maybe David Weber been thinking of Patrick Henry when naming this new character?
Patrick Henry is one of the founding fathers of the United States of America,
famous for “Give me Liberty, or give me Death!”.
- Snippet #8– Merlin thinkings on letting the Corisande resistance leaders be, then a discussion in Corisande about how to counter the resistance.
- Snippet #9 Chapter 5:October, Year of God 893, Merlin Athrawes’ Recon Skimmer, Safehold Low Orbit, Above The Anvil. Empress Sharleyan of Charis first time in space, she marvels and remember the previous night with Cayleb
- Snippet #10– Cayleb and Sharleyan talking about the trip outside the atmosphere and contemplating the ramification of when the truth become public before switching back to the queen in orbit. She and Cayleb have got some spiffy new tech.
- Snippet #11 Chapter 6:II Nimue’s Cave, The Mountains of Light, The Temple Lands. Queen Sharleyan is gaping as a child.
- Snippet#12– Merlin comes clean on the nanotech he has given his friends, Sharleyan meets the real Nimue and Owl continues to show autonomous responses.
- Snippet #13 Chapter 7:III Castle Mairwyn, City of Serabor, Barony of Larchros, Princedom of Corisande. Sahlahmn Traigair, the Earl of Storm Keep and Rahzhyr Mairwyn, Baron Larchrosis suffering the icy, cold rain before entering the castle where they are met by the lady of the house with hot chocolate. Later in Larchos office they meets with Father Airwain Yair and discuss the traitors that have decided to capitulate to Cayleb.
- Snippet #14 – continued discussion about the local bishops, the Charis occupation and a future uprising.
- Snippet #15 Chapter 8: IV King Ahrnahld’s Tower, Royal Palace, City of Gorath, Kingdom of Dohlar. Lywys Gardynyr, the Earl of Thirsk and the Kingdom of Dohlar’s first councilor Samyl Cahkrayn, the Duke of Fern and Aibram Zaivyair, the Duke of Thorast discuss the navy Thirsk will command when it starts to launch in a few months. They also discuss declaring holy war on Charis earlier to help recruit sailors. The Grand Inquisitor has personally approved the use of Charis new innovation in weaponry and sailing plans.
- Snippet #16V Archbishop’s Palace, City of Tellesberg, Kingdom of Charis
Archbishop Maikel Staynair, Bynzhamyn Raice, Baron Wave Thunder and Ahrdyn-the-lizard
Discuss Maikel’s planed travels and their new communicators while being totally dominated by their pet.
- Snippet #17– the two priests discuss bringing prince Nahrmahn into the ‘know’. Brush on the subject of health and then switch to the shipment of evidence against the church that will arrive in the morning and the consequences of its use.
- Snippet #18VI, Saint Kathryn’s Church, Candlemaker Lane, City of Manchyr, Princedom of Corisande. Father Tymahn Hahskans start a sermon that might explain the title of the book and he speaks freely.