Season 3 of Fringe
September 23 on Fox
This is the best SciFi show on television at the moment. The cast has a wonderful chemistry. Especially Walter and Astrid. I am so looking forward to this new season.
This article contains spoilers, don’t continue reading unless you want to know.
A little Fringe science is never a bad thing. I am a big fan of this show. At the end of season two the fringe team returned to their original universe. But they don’t know they have the wrong Olivia with them. Here is what I have been able to find out.
The first half of the new season will be every other episode in the alternative universe starting with the imprisoned Olivia in the premiere named Olivia. Spoiler fairies also told me that it will take until the mid season finale before B-Olivia will be unmasked. I am all psyched about having another Fringe team to get to know now every other episode. The stories will be told from the point of view of respective universe.
One of the drawbacks of this is that Peter will only be in every other episode, at least up to the mid-season finale.
New this season is Amy Madigan in the pivotal role of Olivia’s mother. And in episode 2 a powerful female government agent becomes and adversary to the Fringe team for 3-4 episodes.
I will keep this updated up to the premiere with what we know.
The spoiler faeries tell that Walernate will continue to manipulate Peter. By using B-Olivia who will seduce him …
I wonder where the new season is going to take us. First half of the season is undercover B-Olivia and every other episode in another universe. The logical progression should be intensifying and maybe defusing the brewing conflict between the two universes. B-Olivia should learn that there are no sinister plans against her universe. But will Walternate believe her? I would love it if they start to see traces of a third party stirring up trouble between the two universes (if there are two why not many). Maybe that is for later, if ever. I think I read somewhere that the writers would keep it to these two for now. What do you think will be the big problem this season? Beside getting Olivia back.
New this season
- The intro will have a red tone for the Altverse episodes and the ordinary blue tone when the episode takes place in the original fringe universe.
- Olivia’s mother played by Amy Madigan will appear in roughly four episodes beginning with the season premiere when mother and daughter reunite in the alterna-verse. Casting describes her as “lovely and together”. She loves her daughter very much and is even more devoted since she lost her other daughter in childbirth.
- As foreshadowed by the chalkboard anagram in Walternate’s lab in the season finale, Sam Weiss (Kevin Corrigan) will make an appearance or two (or more) in season 3.
- Thomas Jerome Newton (Sebastian Roche) will also return for an appearance or two.
- The two Olivias will be very different. Altivia was not experimented on as a child; she has not been betrayed like Olivia. How will Olivia react when she finds out about B-Olivia’s childhood? (I assume that is what the mother will be doing)
- The two Walters will meet if the writers get to decide.
Episode 3.01 – Olivia
Takes place in the Altervese. From what is looks like, Olivia is going to escape her imprisonment in the season premiere.
Fringe has tapped Wire alum Andre Royo (a.k.a. Bubbles!) to guest star in the show’s third season premiere. Royo will play Henry, a soulful taxi driver that is unexpectedly forced into a tense situation with Olivia (Anna Torv).
Episode 3.02 – The Box
Back in the original Fringe universe
The story alternates to the Fringe Team ‘over here’ where they investigate a mystifying case that people are discovered in a trance-like state that ultimately leads to their death. The unlikely suspect: a mysterious box. As Peter and Walter collaborate to study its properties, alternate Olivia presses on and turns up the heat on an unsuspecting Peter. Meanwhile, key information about the future is revealed when Walter and Nina meet at Massive Dynamic for the reading of the last will and testament of William Bell.
- [POWERFUL FEMALE GOVERNMENT AGENT] -35-55. Becomes an adversary to our Fringe team. Possible 3-4 episodes out of the first 9. Starts episode 302 . Submit all ethnicities. PLEASE ALSO SUBMIT NAME ACTORS.
Episode 3.03 -The Plateau
Alterverse episode featuring the Alt team including agent Charlie Francis.
Original world episode probably involving a hospital and ER.