Audrey Parker – An FBI agent who ends up in Haven, Maine on a routine case only to end up staying when she finds an old newspaper clipping with a picture of a woman named Lucy who looks just like her with the heading “Who Killed The Colorado Kid?”. The woman is suspected of being her mother, however, this has not been confirmed, but other evidence shows that maybe Lucy is someone else in relation to Audrey. Audrey grew up an orphan in Ohio. She is a friendly person to most of Haven and tries very hard to help those who are afflicted with “The Troubles”. After a visit of her superior, she quits the FBI and takes Chief Wournos’ job offer in Haven PD. Recently though, evidence has cropped up that shows that she is the woman in the photo, as the arrival of an FBI agent named ‘Audrey Parker’ shows that Audrey may in fact be Lucy.
Haven is a new series very loosely based on Stephen Kings Hardboiled mystery novella The Colorado Kid.
Audrey is an interesting character played by Emily Rose (Jericho, Brothers and Sisters, ER). Much of my interest in the show comes from the dynamic between her and her reliable police partner Nathan and the mysterious and dangerous Duke. It seems like both of them have feelings for her and she for them. A love interest like this alway spices up a series in my opinion.
A similar dynamic exists between her and the city of Haven. Is there a connection between her returning to Haven and that ‘the troubles’ resurfaces? The town is filled with delightfully quirky people. And it rubs off on Audrey.
Audry’s past before she came/returned to Haven is more mysterious but it is clear that her FBI boss is somehow involved in the troubles.
The show started a bit formalistic but got better and better as the season continued and the season finale was surprising and a great buildup for another season even if a slightly longer season where they could have explored the hard packed finale wouldn’t have damaged the show in my opinion.
The team behind Haven is heavily from The Dead Zone team but you hardly notice any influence from there besides the obvious setting in Maine.
I am looking forward to season two and hope we get to know more of the Circle People and which role the Reverent plays in the power struggle that seems to be going on under the surface.
Played by: Emily Rose
Original Network: Syfy 2010
Status: Returning Series, Season 2 premieres summer 2011.
Audrey Parker is a the shrewd and confident FBI agent with a lost past who arrives in the small town of Haven, Maine to solve the murder of a local ex-con. Before long, her natural curiosity lands her in the epicenter of activity in this curious enclave, which turns out to be a longtime refuge for people that are afflicted with a remarkable range of supernatural abilities.
- Holds an M.F.A in Acting from UCLA (Class of 2006).
- Graduated from Vanguard University of Southern California with a degree in Theater Arts.
- Skilled Equestrian in both English and Western riding. Looking forward to a role where her character rides horses.
- Seattle native.
- Studied Theatre/Shakespeare at Oxford for a summer.
- Haven 1.07 – Sketchy [TV Review] August 22, 2010
- Haven 1.06 – Fur [Review] August 15, 2010
- Haven 1.05 – Ball and Chain [Review] August 8, 2010
- Haven 1.04 – Consumed (Review) July 31, 2010
- Haven 1.03 – Harmony (Review) July 24, 2010
- Haven 1.02 – Butterfly (Review) July 20, 2010
- Haven – New Series Premieres Friday July 9 July 2, 2010
- Haven – New Stephen King based TV Series on SyFy this Summer! March 31 2010
- Olivia Dunham in Fringe
- Max Guevara (X5-452) in Dark Angel
- Erica Evans on V
- Molly Anne Caffrey on Threshold
- Wendy ‘Dub-Dub’ Watson on The Middleman
- Jane Vasco on Painkiller Jane
- Æon Flux on Æon Flux
- Dana Scully on The X-Files
- Myka Bering on Warehouse 13
- Dr. Helena Magnus on Sanctuary
- Sarah on Chuck
- Echo on Dollhouse
- Amy Pond on Doctor Who
- Samantha ‘Sam’ Carter on Stargate SG-1
- Chloe on Stargate Universe