Eric got arrested by the Authority and Russell ripped the spine out of a TV anchorman in revenge. He is now the most hunted man in America. Sookie and Bill had a speed-hiatus, Sam almost killed Norris and Franklin Mott died shot by Jason, may his Jelly rest in a small handmade hole in the ground.
There was a lot of rat to smell this episode that I hardly know where to begin. I admire the way the True Blood team switch characters around from bad to good and uncertain while keeping it all coherent and plausible. Eric Northman is a formidable Yo-yo in that respect and now Sam entered the spin too. Who could have imagines his dark past as a betrayed cat, sorry dog burglar.
Jesus and Lala were also spinning, spinning on V and going all ‘Wizard’s Apprentice’ on us doing a ‘Christmas Past’ with them visiting all their voodoo grandparents and giggling, especially giggling. That is together with Holly the nosy wiccan witch a good setup for next season that is going to be about witches according to the spoiler fairies.
Any episode with Jessica in it is a good episode and here she is tossing dogs around and feeding Hoyt her blood so it is all good folks. It was hard to see Hoyt turn down Summer’s seduction though, not!
Bill and Sookie’s actors might have gotten married in real life but here they have trust issues and Sookie kissed the Northman, just before he threw her into the dungeon. Classy Eric, you got style like no man alive.
Talking about style. Jason and Tara make out and then he tells her he killed Eggs her beloved serial killer boyfriend just after she says “I can count on you”. Another Jason classic of the more sad sort. And then he gets a naked panther in the bedroom. Mama! That’s where we leave him until next episode.
The big bad Russell finds a male prostitute lookalike for Talbot and shows he is a little disconnected from our reality before staking the poor guy. “It was good that we got to say good bye Talbot.” and end.
I wonder how they are going to wrap all this up in two episodes.
Said and done
I hope you rot in hell you psycho pizza shit (Tara)
Them dumb fuckers is a whole new dimension of trash (Lafayette)
Bla, bla, Vampire emergency, bla (Pam)
You are too busy signing wills and making out with the solution, instead of using her. (Pam)
It is not respect when all your employees think you are a psychopath (Sam)
Inside the Episode
True Blood 3.11 – Fresh Blood (HBO)
Bill tries to earn back Sookie’s trust, but ends up bringing her face-to-face with fresh dangers. Knowing he’s no physical match for the King, Eric tempts Russell with the “ultimate vampire dream.” Jason tries to wrap his head around Crystal’s revelation. Sam embraces his dark side, alienating everyone except Tara. Hoyt and Jessica take their romance to the next level; with Holly’s help, Arlene puts her future in the hands of a goddess; post V-trip, Lafayette struggles with new demons.
This is the last episode before the season finale so I expect crazy fast pace and twisted action.
- True Blood 3.09 – Everything is Broken [Review Recap] August 17, 2010
- True Blood 3.08 – Night on the Sun [Short Review] August 10, 2010
- True Blood 3.07 – Hitting the Ground August 3, 2010
- True Blood 3.06 – I Got a Right to Sing the Blues July 26, 2010
- True Blood 3.05 – Trouble July 19, 2010
- True Blood 3.04 – 9 Crimes – The List July 14, 2010
- True Blood 3.03 – It Hurts Me Too June 29, 2010
- True Blood 3.02 – Beautifully Broken June 26, 2010
- True Blood Renewed for a 4th Season June 21, 2010
- True Blood a Review of the 3rd Season Premiere June 14, 2010
- True Blood Final Minisode – Jason June 2, 2010
- True Blood Minisode 5 – Bill May 24, 2010
- True Blood Minisode 4 – Sam May 20, 2010
- True Blood Minisode 3 Sookie Lafayette Tara May 12, 2010
- True Blood Season 3 Poster and Mini-Sode 1&2 (youtube) May 4, 2010
- True Blood Season 2 Finale and speculations September 14, 2009
- True Blood season 2 June 16, 2009