It has been a blissful three weeks, just the right time for me to start longing for work again. Tomorrow it is business as usual.
I spent the beginning of the week in a planning spree for this blog. This with pacing yourself is hard when you like what you do. The New SF&F to Read 2011 post took most of the week to make so I hope you enjoy it.
I have been waiting a year to finish Eric Brown’s Necropath even since I read the other books in the Bengali Station trilogy. It was just as good as I expected. The other new book was Dark Spires an anthology edited by Colin Harvey, it was quite good with some authors I would like to read more of.
Sometimes it is fun to reread books and this week I felt a craving for that. Citadel, book two of Troy Rising is on its way in the mail so I read Live Free of Die in preparation. Lots of fun in that book. The second book I re-read on a whim and Darkship Thieves was still as good as I remembered it. Sarah A. Hoyt channels Robert A. Heinlein in that book. It is a pity that Darkship Renegades wont be out until Fall. I want to read it now.
Next week it is time for my pick of books for February and I also want to make a review onThe Cape premiere and if I have time a take on the whole new season.
- New SF&F to Read 2011
- Best SF&F Books of 2010 [My Pick]
- Cybermage Closing the Book on 2010
- Forthcoming SF&F Books (2011-2012)
New SFF Books in January 2011
Click the covers for more information
Read this week
Click the covers for a larger image and linked titles for reviews.
- Darkship Thieves (Darkship Thieves 1) by Sarah A. Hoyt ( Baen 2010) Re-read
- Live Free of Die (Troy Rising 1) by John Ringo (Baen 2010) Re-read
- Dark Spires editor Colin Harvey (Wizard’s Tower 2010)
- Necropath (Bengali Station 1) by Eric Brown (Solaris 2008)
Please see my to be read list and request reviews
Reviews of Earlier Reads
Click the covers for a larger image and the titles for reviews.
- Amortals by Matt Forbeck (Angry Robot 2010)
Please see my list of books pending review and request reviews
Click the covers for a larger image
- Steam Queen by Jack Hessey (Lazy Day 201o)
Bought by me
- Owner’s Share (A Trader’s Tale in the Age of the Solar Clipper 1) by Nathan Lowell (Podiobook 2011)
- The Lost Gate (Mither Mages 1) by Orson Scott Card (Blackstone Audio 2011)